Since I published my book, Lovin’ Soap Studio Cold Process Recipe Book, which features 64 essential oil blends, I get asked a lot where I get my essential oils.
The easy answer is…it varies!
I don’t have a single source; I use many sources.
I get most of my stock from Theresa Mendez at Wandering Thistle Studio. She sells essential oils to soapmakers and since I’m in Dallas occasionally I can pickup and save on shipping.
UPDATE! I forgot about Camden-Grey. I’ve ordered many smaller quantities of expensive essential oils from them.
Vanilla Oleoresin seems to be one that people ask about most often. I bought some from Theresa and I’ve also purchased it from Rainbow Meadow, but it seems they are out.
I don’t stray too far away from the above sources for essential oils. I go through them slowly since I don’t sell product (I just teach classes). So I’m not ordering every month.
So I’m wondering…where do you get your essential oils? Thanks for your input!
Thanks for being a part of the Lovin’ Soap community! We’re so glad you’re here!
Now through March 1st, we are having a presale on our newest eClass, Clear Transparent Soap from Scratch!
In this video eCourse, I will show you:
- How to formulate your own transparent soap recipe that is remelt-able and reusable…similar to MP soap base.
- We’ll go over base oils and solvents that are available to use and why you would select each type of ingredient.
- How to make quick hot process transparent soap from scratch. It only takes about 20 minutes once you get the process down!
- How to remelt and use your base for future projects.
About the soap:
- The ingredients we use include coconut oil, stearic acid, castor oil, sodium hydroxide, everclear (grain alcohol) and sugar.
- The soap is remeltable and you can work with it like melt and pour soap base.
- You can create bars of soap or embeds that you can add to regular cold process soap.
- You’ll get different varieties of clarity in your soap…we’ll talk about that.
The class will be delivered in a a series of videos and downloadable PDF’s. You’ll have forever access and be able to watch over and over again as you want.
Happy Soaping! -Amanda Aaron