PRINT BOOK: 142 pages, 6 x 9″
This book is THE soapmaking book I wish I had when I first started making soap. Let’s be honest, making soap isn’t difficult. The basic process is easy-peasy. Once you get the basic process down, you might encounter things like soap volcanos, cracks, ricing, partial gel, etc.
About the pre-sale:
This is for an autographed book to ship by May 1st! Printing books costs a pretty penny, so by having a pre-sale you can help us fund a print run. Thank you!
To say thank you, we’ll give you a $10 coupon* code to use on eBooks and eClasses at LovinSoap.com. Look for it on your email receipt.
FREE SHIPPING! This price includes free shipping in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S. you can order the book once it gets published to Amazon.com. We aren’t taking international orders on this website.
About the book:
This book contains extensive troubleshooting advice for when soap goes wrong.
It moves beyond the basics and discusses advanced topics such as superfatting, water discounts, fatty acid profiles, gel phase and more. It focuses on the tips and tricks that make soapmaking more efficient, more advanced and infinitely more fun.
After finishing this book, you’ll confidently move beyond the soapmaking basics.
Soapmaking Tips, Tricks & Troubleshooting includes tips and tricks from over 100 soapmakers!
Table of Contents
- Terms to Know
- Common Soapmaking Abbreviations
- The Soapmakers’ Lingo
- Conversion Chart
- Carrier Oils & Butters for Soapmaking
- Fatty Acid Profile Chart
- Oil Substitutions
- Soapmaking Don’ts
- Water in Soapmaking
- Alternative Liquids
- Understanding Superfat & Lye Discount
- Temperatures in Soapmaking
- Dealing with Ash
- Gel Phase in Soap Making
- Dreaded Orange Spots
- How Much Soap Will Your Mold Hold?
- Using a Recipe Written in Percentages
- Colorants for Soapmaking
- Tips for Working with Lye
- Breaking the Rules
- Soap Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Tips from Soapmakers
- Troubleshooting a Soft Batch of Soap
- Troubleshooting White Spots in Your Soap
- Fragrance and Essential Oils Troubleshooting
- Swirling Tips
- Tips for Organizing Supplies
- Tips for Soapmaking Efficiency
- Random Tips from Soapmakers
- Starting a Business Selling Soap
- Tips for Turning Your Hobby into a Business
- Where to Sell Your Soap Online
- 60+ Marketing Ideas to Get Your Creative Juices Flowing
* Coupon code cannot be used on print books, software, guest author eBooks and consulting.