Knowing where to start when wholesaling your handcrafted soap can be difficult. There are many components to creating your wholesale program. There are many things that you have to decide upon before you can put your wholesale linesheet together. I’ll help you work it out!
This eClass is for soap makers who want to start wholesaling their soap or who are already wholesaling their soap but need to create a wholesale linesheet.
This eClass is taught in two online videos. Part 1 (35 minutes) is all about the components of a linesheet. Part 2 (1 hour & 13 minutes) is a screencast video showing you exactly how to use Canva to create a linesheet + order form.
A wholesale linesheet:
- Visually shows a retailer what your soap/packaging looks like.
- Explains to them the soap (or other products) that you wholesale.
- Gives a retailer your wholesale pricing and order minimums.
- Let’s a retailer know your terms and conditions.
Wholesale Linesheet Worksheets to help you plan!
You’ll be able to download the Wholesale Linesheet Worksheets to make planning your linesheet super easy!
A wholesale linesheet provides all of the information needed for a retail buyer to make a decision about buying your products.
In part one, we’ll talk about what a linesheet is and what purpose it has in your wholesale program. I will walk you through the components of a line sheet. We’ll talk about:
- What a wholesale linesheet is.
- Your products and what you should wholesale. (Tip: Don’t try to wholesale everything!)
- The importance of good photography. (Labels or no labels?)
- Wholesale versus SRP (suggested retail price).
- Your minimum order requirements (for opening orders & reorders).
- Your payment terms.
- Your lead time on orders.
- Your shipping terms.
- Your cancellation, damages and returns policies.
- How to prepare your linesheet PDF file for email or print.
In part two, I will walk you through the process of using Canva.com to design your linesheet. You can pause and follow along with me as I use the program to create a functional and aesthetically pleasing linesheet.
What is Canva? Canva is an online graphic design program. You can easily create graphics, banners, social media images, cart images, presentations, eBooks…etc. I love using Canva to create wholesale linesheets.
Hiring a graphic designer can be expensive. Learning Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign can be expensive + complicated. Canva makes it easy!
As a bonus…I walk you through the process of creating an order form to match your wholesale linesheet. This order form can be printed by your client (or you can take it to them with product samples & linesheet), filled out and scanned/emailed or faxed back to you.
Bonus: I’ll walk you through the process to design an order form!
After completing this eClass, you’ll be able to start planning and designing your wholesale linesheet! You’ll then be ready to talk to retailers to wholesale your soap.
Here is how our eClass works.
- Purchase the eClass through LovinSoap.com.
- You will be emailed the downloads that you can save and print.
- You will also be emailed the link to view the video eClass. Check your order receipt for the link and password. The class will not show up under your account.
About the Instructor!
Hello! I’m Amanda Gail Aaron. I’ve been making soap since 2008. I fell in love with cold process soap and soon made it my career. I’ve been teaching soap making classes and workshops since 2009 and write about soap making on my blog, LovinSoap.com.
I’ve taught at conferences and seminars all over the U.S. and have published numerous soap making books and eBooks.
Along with my husband, Benjamin Aaron, I run a non-profit called Lovin’ Soap Project where we teach soap making to women in developing countries.
Thanks for coming into my online classroom and allowing me to teach you about creating wholesale linesheets!
Thanks for being a part of the Lovin’ Soap community! We’re so glad you’re here!
From Jan 5- Jan 25 Making Salt Bars eBook is $5 off! With your purchase, you’ll also receive our newest resource, 7 Salt Soaps for the Face for FREE!
Happy Soaping! -Amanda Aaron