Formulating Cold Process Soap Recipes E-Course will have you creating your own custom skin-loving recipes in no time!
Every soapmaker starts out using a recipe from a book or blog, but soon gets the itch to formulate their own. With so many oil options and possible combinations, it can be hard to know where to start!
This course is for beginner soapmakers and advanced soapmakers who want to transition from using recipes online to formulating their own. Even if you’ve been soaping for a long time, you’ll be sure to learn something new.
Projects to Help You Learn!
This course includes a series of videos, handouts and projects to help you learn!
Module 1: The Foundation of Formulation
- Lesson 1: My Favorite Soapmaking Oils
- Lesson 2: Fatty Acid Profiles
- Lesson 3: Single Oils Soaps (Part 1)
- Lesson 3: Single Oils Soaps (Part 2)
Module 2: Modifying a Recipe
- Lesson 1: Water in Soapmaking
- Lesson 2: How to Choose a Superfat
- Lesson 3: How to Use a Lye Calc
- Lesson 4: How to Modify a Recipe
- Lesson 5: How to Substitute an Oil
- Lesson 6: Calculating How Much a Mold will Hold
- Lesson 7: Re-sizing a Recipe to Fit Your Mold (Part 1)
- Lesson 7: Re-sizing a Recipe Using TheSage.com Lye Calc (Part 2)
- Lesson 8: Going Palm Free
Module 3: Creating a Recipe From Scratch
- Lesson 1: Starting Ratios
- Lesson 2: Formulating Hard Bars of Soap
- Lesson 3: Formulating Slow-Moving Recipes for Swirling
- Lesson 4: How to Determine How Much Essential Oil or Fragrance Oil to Use
Why is it important to know how to formulate recipes?
- Formulating your own recipes is good for your soap business. You don’t want to use someone’s recipe as the basis of your business.
- Sometimes customers ask for custom soaps. You’ll have the knowledge to put together a recipe for baby’s skin or for a dirty mechanic.
- You’ll know how to tweak a recipe or formula to make it better. Have you ever made a soap and thought, Gosh, I wish I could make it just a bit more moisturizing or make the lather creamier? This course will show you how to tweak a recipe for many different outcomes.
Thanks for being a part of the Lovin’ Soap community! We’re so glad you’re here!
From Jan 5- Jan 25 Making Salt Bars eBook is $5 off! With your purchase, you’ll also receive our newest resource, 7 Salt Soaps for the Face for FREE!
Happy Soaping! -Amanda Aaron