My last Facebook Live in Saponification Nation was of me making salt bars! They came out great!
If you are new to soap making be sure to learn the basics before attempting this advanced design tutorial. Check out our free cold process soap making guide. Be sure to follow all safety precautions when making soap. Wear goggles and gloves.
Check out the design video and then grab the recipe below.
Rose Quartz Salt Bar Recipe
- 14 oz. Coconut Oil
- 2 oz. Avocado Oil
- 2.26 oz. Sodium Hydroxide (20% Superfat)
- 4.5 oz. Water
- 1 oz. Rose Quartz Fragrance Oil (Bramble Berry)
- Raspberry Mica (Bramble Berry) – 1/4 teaspoon
- 8 oz. Fine Sea Salt
Oval mold – Found on Amazon
Diamond mold – Found on Amazon
Step 1 – Create your lye solution. Set it aside to cool down.
Step 2 – Weigh out the coconut oil and melt.
Step 3 – Weigh out the avocado oil into the melted coconut oil.
Step 4 – Let your oils and lye solution cool to under 90 degrees F.
Step 5 – Add your fragrance oils to the melted oils.
Step 6 – Combine your lye solution and oils. Emulsify your soap.
Step 7 – Pour off about 1/8 cup of soap and color with pink mica.
Step 8 – Add sea salt to your uncolored soap and bring to medium trace.
Step 9 – Double pour into your molds as shown in the video.
Step 10 – Let your soap saponify overnight.
After 24 hours, cut your soap and let it cure for 4-6 weeks. The longer you let cure, the milder your salt bars.
Thanks for being a part of the Lovin’ Soap community! We’re so glad you’re here!
Now through March 1st, we are having a presale on our newest eClass, Clear Transparent Soap from Scratch!
In this video eCourse, I will show you:
- How to formulate your own transparent soap recipe that is remelt-able and reusable…similar to MP soap base.
- We’ll go over base oils and solvents that are available to use and why you would select each type of ingredient.
- How to make quick hot process transparent soap from scratch. It only takes about 20 minutes once you get the process down!
- How to remelt and use your base for future projects.
About the soap:
- The ingredients we use include coconut oil, stearic acid, castor oil, sodium hydroxide, everclear (grain alcohol) and sugar.
- The soap is remeltable and you can work with it like melt and pour soap base.
- You can create bars of soap or embeds that you can add to regular cold process soap.
- You’ll get different varieties of clarity in your soap…we’ll talk about that.
The class will be delivered in a a series of videos and downloadable PDF’s. You’ll have forever access and be able to watch over and over again as you want.
Happy Soaping! -Amanda Aaron