I posted these pictures on Facebook several years ago but never blogged about it.
Do you have lots of Lego bricks laying around? If so, you can build your own soap mold!
You can make the mold as large or as small as you want. I built a mold that held a 2 lb. batch of soap. You can use any soap recipe.
The mold does not need to be lined or coated with anything. At least in my experience…
Pour your soap when it is at a medium to thick trace. I don’t know if the mold will leak…but don’t risk it. Having the Lego base helps.
Here are some pictures!
Thanks for being a part of the Lovin’ Soap community! We’re so glad you’re here!
Now through March 1st, we are having a presale on our newest eClass, Clear Transparent Soap from Scratch!
In this video eCourse, I will show you:
- How to formulate your own transparent soap recipe that is remelt-able and reusable…similar to MP soap base.
- We’ll go over base oils and solvents that are available to use and why you would select each type of ingredient.
- How to make quick hot process transparent soap from scratch. It only takes about 20 minutes once you get the process down!
- How to remelt and use your base for future projects.
About the soap:
- The ingredients we use include coconut oil, stearic acid, castor oil, sodium hydroxide, everclear (grain alcohol) and sugar.
- The soap is remeltable and you can work with it like melt and pour soap base.
- You can create bars of soap or embeds that you can add to regular cold process soap.
- You’ll get different varieties of clarity in your soap…we’ll talk about that.
The class will be delivered in a a series of videos and downloadable PDF’s. You’ll have forever access and be able to watch over and over again as you want.
Happy Soaping! -Amanda Aaron