My Mom and Dad came over yesterday. Our water heater flooded (again) so it was time for a new water heater and my Dad happens to be a handy dandy plumber. (YAY!) I was bit by the soaping bug yesterday and decided it was high time to introduce my Mom to the wonderful world of making soap! She’s been wanting a facial soap so here’s what we made.
We loaded it with lot’s of goodness. Here’s the recipe…
Mama’s Face Soap:
Avocado oil – 1 oz
Castor oil – 2 oz
Cocoa butter – 2 oz
Coconut oil – 6 oz
Olive oil – 8 oz
Wheat Germ oil – 1 oz
Lard – 9 oz
Other good stuff added at trace:
Baby Carrot food – 2 oz
Kaolin Clay – 2 teaspoons
Ground Oatmeal – 2 tablespoons
Essential oil blend of lavender, tea tree and rosemary
And here she is in action! *smile*
Mixing it up!
Pouring it into the mold!
The next day it was ready to unmold. I think it turned out beautiful and it smells divine! I’ll have to save me a slice or two before I deliver it after it’s cured!
Good job, Mom!
Thanks for being a part of the Lovin’ Soap community! We’re so glad you’re here!
Now through March 1st, we are having a presale on our newest eClass, Clear Transparent Soap from Scratch!
In this video eCourse, I will show you:
- How to formulate your own transparent soap recipe that is remelt-able and reusable…similar to MP soap base.
- We’ll go over base oils and solvents that are available to use and why you would select each type of ingredient.
- How to make quick hot process transparent soap from scratch. It only takes about 20 minutes once you get the process down!
- How to remelt and use your base for future projects.
About the soap:
- The ingredients we use include coconut oil, stearic acid, castor oil, sodium hydroxide, everclear (grain alcohol) and sugar.
- The soap is remeltable and you can work with it like melt and pour soap base.
- You can create bars of soap or embeds that you can add to regular cold process soap.
- You’ll get different varieties of clarity in your soap…we’ll talk about that.
The class will be delivered in a a series of videos and downloadable PDF’s. You’ll have forever access and be able to watch over and over again as you want.
Happy Soaping! -Amanda Aaron