Labels and packaging are huge deal when selling your soap. Whether it’s a cigar band, shrink wrap with a label, a coffee filter with a label or simply a box with a label…this is sometimes the first thing your customer will see. You definitely want to make a great first impression!
My favorite way to package round soap is to simply use a coffee filter. I use a 2.5” round label from onlinelabels.com to hold it together. http://www.onlinelabels.com/OL350.htm
For my regular bars of soap, I use shrink wrap bands from Wholesales Supplies Plus and then a rounded corner label from onlinelabels.com. I love the kraft colored labels but they have many to choose from including clear and waterproof. http://www.onlinelabels.com/OL775.htm
Here are some other great ideas, inspiration and resources!
Soap Pillow Box by Jacqui Sharples on flickr
Tule and Ribbon by naiadsoaparts on flickr
Plantable Paper by jamie lea karoses on flickr
Organza bags by ConcordSoap on flickr
Clear box by soapylovedeb on flickr
Soap Boxes by abreathoffrenchair on flickr
Round soap packaging by abreathoffrenchair on flickr
Now, where do you find the packaging? Here’s a couple of great places to start!
www.papermart.com – boxes, bags, containers, ribbon, paper
www.plantablepapers.com – paper with seeds embedded
www.tealightboxes.com – soap and candle boxes
www.thesoapdish.com – soap boxes
www.usbox.com – boxes – boxes, bags, containers, ribbon, paper, custom boxes
www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com – a little bit of everything – soap boxes, bags, shrink wrap
www.yourorganzabags.com – organza bags
And there are a ton more! Just do a search and find all kinds of suppliers.
More packaging ideas:
Soap Queen – http://vimeo.com/5584084
And…I have to give a shout out to one of my fav things for packaging! Divine Twine!
Thanks for being a part of the Lovin’ Soap community! We’re so glad you’re here!
Now through March 1st, we are having a presale on our newest eClass, Clear Transparent Soap from Scratch!
In this video eCourse, I will show you:
- How to formulate your own transparent soap recipe that is remelt-able and reusable…similar to MP soap base.
- We’ll go over base oils and solvents that are available to use and why you would select each type of ingredient.
- How to make quick hot process transparent soap from scratch. It only takes about 20 minutes once you get the process down!
- How to remelt and use your base for future projects.
About the soap:
- The ingredients we use include coconut oil, stearic acid, castor oil, sodium hydroxide, everclear (grain alcohol) and sugar.
- The soap is remeltable and you can work with it like melt and pour soap base.
- You can create bars of soap or embeds that you can add to regular cold process soap.
- You’ll get different varieties of clarity in your soap…we’ll talk about that.
The class will be delivered in a a series of videos and downloadable PDF’s. You’ll have forever access and be able to watch over and over again as you want.
Happy Soaping! -Amanda Aaron