Learn to Make Cold Process Soap Facebook Live eClass – July 13, 2017 at 6 pm CST (4 pm PT, 5 pm MT, 7 pm ET)
What you put onto your body is just as important as what you put into your body. Using skin loving ingredients such as shea butter, coconut oil, olive oil, natural essential oils and natural colorants you can make your own natural soap! This class will give you the confidence to make soap in your home.
During class we will discuss:
- What soapmaking is
- Why we would want to make our own
- The basic process
- A basic recipe
During the demo portion of class I will show you how to:
- Select and blend your essential oils to fragrance your soap
- Select your additives and coloring
- Weigh out and make the lye solution
- Weigh out the oils and additives
- Mix your soap and pour into the mold
Length: This class will take anywhere from 2-3 hours. If you can’t watch the whole class, it will be available for 72 hours in the Facebook Group for you to watch.
Teaching Format: This is a live lecture where I’ll be speaking to you on camera during the Facebook Live. There will be plenty of time for a lengthy Q&A after the lecture.
Class Handouts: You’ll get a printable notebook for note taking as well as a free copy of How to Make Cold Process Soap eBook. Class handouts will be emailed to you 48 hours before class date.
Here is how our Facebook Live eClasses work.
- Sign up and pay for the class through LovinSoap.com.
- You must have a Facebook account to be added to the class group. There is no other way to take this class at this time. We might consider selling the replays at a later date.
- We’ll add you to the class group three days prior to class date, not sooner.
- Tune in live to watch the eClass. Time listed is Central Standard Time; be sure to convert for your time zone.
- If you miss it, the replay will be up for 72 hours for you to watch.
- The Facebook group for your class will be deleted 72 hours after the live event so be sure to copy and paste any pertinent info that you want to keep.
About the Instructor!
Hello! I’m Amanda Gail Aaron. I’ve been making soap since 2008. I fell in love with cold process soap and soon made it my career. I’ve been teaching soap making classes and workshops since 2009 and write about soap making on my blog, LovinSoap.com.
I’ve taught at conferences and seminars all over the U.S. and have published numerous soap making books and eBooks.
Along with my husband, Benjamin Aaron, I run a non-profit called Lovin’ Soap Project where we teach soap making to women in developing countries.
Thanks for coming into my online classroom and allowing me to teach you about soap making!