There is a new eBook on the virtual shelves of the soap-mosphere! Efficiency in Scaling: Introduction to Masterbatching is a must have for any soapmaker…whether new or experienced. If you’re a small batch soap maker who has wondered how to scale up production…this is the book for you!Kenna ran into a shortfall of funds when she put on Central Soapers Workshop. The funds from this eBook will help her out by raising some money to make up for that. She put a lot of hard work into the conference and I have to say it was one of my favorites!
From Kenna’s website:
At Central Soapers Workshop 2013, I (Kenna) presented a talk on masterbatching oils and lye solution. It was meant to be a quick introduction to how I batch and a general discussion as to what prevents others from batching and how to change it. Despite having forty-five minutes to talk shop together, the attendees to my workshop and I spent almost an hour and a half discussing various factors in batching. (Apologies again for the schedule malfunction this created!!)
We discovered how many different factors and problems soapmakers could have, as well as individual stories as to what could go wrong or what already has. As requested by the attendees of CSW 2013 who did not attend the workshop, I put together all of the information we discussed into this eBook.
Efficiency in Scaling: Introduction to Masterbatching is 27 pages of useful information for the soapmaker considering scaling their production and batching their oils and/or lye solution, including:
- The Benefits of Masterbatching – How batching soapmaking oils and lye solution can benefit every soapmaker
- Prerequisites of Masterbatching – What you need to know, do, and have before you start
- The Three Limitations – Common limitations encountered by soapmakers including design, formulas, and physical limitations
- Overcoming Limitations – Possible solutions to common limitations
- Batching Oils – Procedures, equipment, safety information, tips and tricks
- Batching Lye Solution – Procedures, equipment, safety information, tips and tricks
- Batching Other Ingredients in Soapmaking – Fragrances, essential oils, colorants, and additives
- Compilation of Resource Links – Suppliers, lye calculators, DIY equipment, videos, and more
The proceeds of this eBook will help cover the remaining expenses from Central Soapers Workshop 2013 as well as fund future projects, such as colorant testing and design technique studies.
I’ve got my copy…now go get yours!