How to Package Round Soap Using Coffee Filters

Coffee filters make packaging round soap super simple and the outcome is very aesthetically pleasing. You can find natural Kraft-colored coffee filters or white coffee filters.

These are some soaps that Benjamin and I made to donate for a local fundraiser. Benjamin designed the labels. If you need label help, check out his website Method Creation.

packaging round soapwrapping round soappackaging soapcoffee filters soapround soap packaginglabeling round soapsoap labels

Photo by Busy Bee Creative - Product Photography

Photo by Busy Bee Creative – Product Photography

How do you package your round soap?

making salt barsPost a comment below and be entered to win a copy of my new Ebook, Making Salt Bars! I’ll draw a winner on 2/26/16 at 3 pm CST.

Cindy Francis is the winner! I’ll email you your eBook. 🙂 Congrats!

-Amanda Gail

By |2017-02-01T15:32:37+00:00February 25th, 2016|Soapmaking Packaging and Gifts|23 Comments

1. Christine June 27, 2018 at 4:03 pm - Reply

Thanks so much. A link to where I can buy those kind of coffee filters would be awesome. Not Amazon though – they won’t ship to Australian’s any more and we don’t have that kind of coffee filter here in Australia.

Thanks so much.

C

2. Veneita February 8, 2018 at 2:50 pm - Reply

This is a brilliant idea. Thanks for sharing.

• Carol February 8, 2018 at 3:54 pm - Reply

Even easier – lay your filter on top of a roll of duct tape and press the soap down through the hole – it wraps the sides up for you and holds them in place while you put on your sticker.

Fits perfectly

3. Elaine March 10, 2017 at 2:23 pm - Reply

Hi! Thank you for such great tip!

I also wanted to let you know that the link to Method Creation is broken. Is there a working link?

4. Marsha Branch December 21, 2016 at 4:44 am - Reply

GREAT IDEA!!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!! “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” – Coco Chanel

What about oval bars? Any suggestions for that. I’ve been racking my brain trying to think of something besides a box.

5. Rich KElly February 29, 2016 at 9:17 am - Reply

Thanks! I’ve been looking for an easy way to get that ‘look’!

6. Nina February 27, 2016 at 7:06 am - Reply

How cute!!! And oh so simple. Thanks for sharing.

7. Mandy D February 26, 2016 at 3:08 pm - Reply

Ingenious! Thanks so much for sharing 🙂

8. Melissa McDonald February 26, 2016 at 9:14 am - Reply

Great idea…Love the look!

9. Odette Handley February 26, 2016 at 2:14 am - Reply

Very nice. the lable goes so well with the filter.

10. Jacqueline Mayse February 25, 2016 at 11:13 pm - Reply

I really don’t like to make and package round soaps but you’ve inspired me to make some now. You always make it look sooo easy.

11. Sherri February 25, 2016 at 11:01 pm - Reply

What a great idea! I have been looking for packaging ideas, and this is perfect! Thanks!

12. Desi February 25, 2016 at 9:39 pm - Reply

I have been wanting ideas an tips on how to package my round soaps what a fantastic idea

13. Rose February 25, 2016 at 9:31 pm - Reply

Hi Amanda. Great tutorial! I think the coffee filter is the best packaging for round soaps. To get a more snug fit I place my coffee filter on the inside of a packing or a masking tape roll, then my soap. It frees my other hand and I get wrap more tight 🙂

14. Rose Bolanos February 25, 2016 at 5:43 pm - Reply

I use coffee filters to package my round facial soaps. No one picks up on the fact that they are filters. Everyone is just impressed at the cool packaging. Lol

15. Anne Hollin February 25, 2016 at 3:12 pm - Reply

I package my shampoo and face bars this way. Great explanation, thank you.

16. Melanie February 25, 2016 at 12:51 pm - Reply

Thanks for showing how to do this!

17. Linda Burt February 25, 2016 at 11:56 am - Reply

What a great idea. Very creative. Love it.

18. Cindy Francis February 25, 2016 at 11:20 am - Reply

I love this method. Makes my round soaps look so much nicer. It even works on oval bars.

19. Cee February 25, 2016 at 10:35 am - Reply

I use coffee filters now but the first round soap I ever made I packaged in a “box” made from card stock. It was labor intensive but fun to do. I don’t have a pic of the finished product but I’ll Email a PDF file to share how it’s done.

For shaving soaps, I trim the coffee filter back a bit before wrapping them. Then I drop them into a short fat bowl (white or black) I found at the Dollar Store. Cute!

FOR TRAVEL SOAP ~ 3 oz. Low Profile Plastic Jar & Top

For Rose Soaps or any round soap with a high dome I use a 3″ X 3″ X 2″ White High Gloss Tuck Top Gift Box from Paper Mart.

• Aram Stepanian June 28, 2018 at 11:52 am - Reply

Thanks for the plug, Cee! New customers are welcome to use code TRYUS for 10% off their first order. Keep up the good work everyone!

20. Robert Lackie February 25, 2016 at 10:17 am - Reply

So clever! I love this idea

21. Sona February 25, 2016 at 10:10 am - Reply

Thank you Amanda, it is great idea, however, in Europe are mostly used other types of coffee-filter. I checked on internet and I order for my round soaps 🙂 All the best and best regards from Slovakia.
    Thank you for posting your experience and great ideas. I made cocoa-coffee salt bars today 🙂 Sona