1 7/8″ Round Soap Bags – Make cute guest size rounds or embeds

These soap bags make round soaps that are 1 7/8″.  They are perfect as guest size bars or for use as embeds!  Here’s how the bags work…

Bring your soap to light trace.

Insert a funnel into the bag and pour in the soap leaving a couple of inches.  You might want to have two people do this but I managed it on my own.  Hold the funnel at the base along with the bag.  Pour in your soap.

Remove the funnel, twist the bag of soap and secure tightly with a rubber band.

Then you’ll use a binder clip to secure it somewhere to hang.  I have a microwave cart that I used in the kitchen.  You could also use a clothes hanger in the closet or somewhere safe.

Give it a tug and make sure that it is secure.  Be sure you let it sit somewhere where dogs or children won’t mess with it.  Mine felt extremely secure but just to be on the safe side I put a pot underneath in case they fell or broke open.  They never did…but I like to be extra cautious.

These soaps did end up gelling which suprised me a bit.  But I prefer gelled soap so it was a good suprise.  The bags hold up well to the high heat of gel phase.

Once cut they make 1 7/8″ round soaps.  You do have a little waste at the top and the bottom but I just use those as my tester bars or cut up for embeds.

$10.00 will get you 20 liners and includes first class shipping in the US. Payment through Paypal – email me, amanda@lovinsoap.com to order.

I don’t sell these bags anymore. You can purchase flat poly bags from Uline.com.

-Amanda

By |2017-02-01T15:33:39+00:00January 22nd, 2012|Uncategorized|28 Comments

1. Michele Spooner February 24, 2014 at 4:10 pm - Reply

Do you ship to Britain..I would like to buy some of these

Thanks

Michele

2. Ann Rein January 21, 2014 at 7:59 pm - Reply

Amanda, do you have any that are a bit larger in diameter? I’d be interested in something 2″ or 2.5″.

3. Franksllbc November 5, 2013 at 11:36 am - Reply

What a fantastic idea!! Are these bags polyethylene or polypropylene? Or does it matter?
    Also, how thick are they? 2 mil or 3mil?

Thank you Amanda!

Franksllbc

4. Wanda January 14, 2013 at 7:40 pm - Reply

Totally cool I wish I could get some now but I’ll have to wait when money isn’t so tight. I want to try the PVC rounds but haven’t because I was worried I wouldn’t or couldn’t get the soap out without ripping the soap to pieces this trick will work beautifully. One day I’ll be able to order some. God Bless

5. valli December 8, 2012 at 4:18 pm - Reply

Do you have a recipe for bath salts?
    Thank You!
    Valli

6. Shelly A November 17, 2012 at 7:36 am - Reply

I have also used Pringles chips carton. Works great

7. Sylvia @ LifeIsGoodWithFood June 26, 2012 at 9:40 pm - Reply

Hi, Amanda! I just received your liners today and already used one of them (was very excited). Quick question though… How do I let the soap cool off during the gel phase since I’m adding honey to the soap and it heated up really quickly and I read that you had to let the soap cool down immediately after hitting gel phase. How do I cool it off if there’s no hole? Thank you!

8. Heather Carroll May 1, 2012 at 9:01 pm - Reply

Wow. I clicked on this because I sometimes really like a round soap and the picture caught my eye. Was surprised (and intrigued) by the sausage technique. I’d worry mine would fall but maybe one day I’ll work up the courage.

9. Nguyen Bien Thanh Thao April 5, 2012 at 3:59 am - Reply

This is a good idea, I’ll try it. Tks you and i love your ideas.

10. Karl B February 21, 2012 at 9:16 am - Reply

Interesting concept. Thanks for sharing!

11. Andi Luther-Philippe February 21, 2012 at 7:46 am - Reply

I can’t believe how round and perfect they are; that’s amazing!!

12. Anne-Marie Faiola February 1, 2012 at 1:01 pm - Reply

OMG Amanda!!! You are always coming up with such creative soaping techniques. =)

13. Karen January 26, 2012 at 5:11 pm - Reply

How much to ship to Canada?

• Amanda January 27, 2012 at 9:03 am - Reply

Hi Karen,

Email me your address and I’ll get a quote. Probably around $2.00. amanda@lovinsoap.com

14. Ruth Esteves January 25, 2012 at 8:06 pm - Reply

Super idea! Soap sausages! LOL I’m so surprised that they gelled like that. But it’s so cool to watch them go through it in a bag like that.

15. Leslie January 24, 2012 at 10:32 am - Reply

I’ve been loving your larger size liners for pvc and saw a smaller size pvc the other day and wished you had smaller liners. My wish came true! Now I wish for a billion dollars. *waiting* 🙂

• Amanda January 24, 2012 at 11:04 am - Reply

Leslie Gail you are my top liner buyer of the 3″…so I’m gonna send you a set of these to try! 🙂

-Amanda

• Leslie January 26, 2012 at 5:00 pm - Reply

I got them today and didn’t see the message until just now! Wow! What a nice surprise! Thank you sooo much! I can’t wait to try them!

16. Pat Allen January 24, 2012 at 6:43 am - Reply

You are so clever! Love your ideas.

17. Heather January 23, 2012 at 6:27 pm - Reply

So smart! I’m surprised they still gelled – bonus!

18. Brenda Foster January 23, 2012 at 6:11 pm - Reply

Oh my goodness, I hadn’t seen these before!!! I’ve been putting off making round soaps ’cause I’m unwilling to deal with the PVC tube thing. Thanks so much for making this available – I have to give these a try!

19. Pam January 23, 2012 at 5:37 pm - Reply

I love using these bags for soap. It is fun and you can come out with some amazing combos. Is this bag disposable or you can wash and use it again?

• Amanda January 24, 2012 at 7:27 am - Reply

I think I’d call them disposable. A couple of mine ripped when I was removing them. But if you were careful unmolding you might be able to reuse.

20. Odette - Riverlea Soap January 23, 2012 at 9:41 am - Reply

OMG – That is so clever. Love the rounds. Well done.

21. Jeanette January 23, 2012 at 9:23 am - Reply

How smart is that?! I love that idea!! using a pvc tube was too difficult for me so this gives me hope I can do some round soaps. thanks so much

22. Donna OShaughnessy January 23, 2012 at 7:36 am - Reply

Very fun. Looks much easier than the PVC tube I use. Amazing that they hold up to gel phase!

23. R Marie Parrish January 23, 2012 at 6:59 am - Reply

pretty neat, they came out looking so smooth and perfect!

24. Laurie Cross January 23, 2012 at 6:42 am - Reply

How slick is THAT, clever woman?! A no-fuss, no-muss way to make ’em without messin’ with liners! Very cool! Keep those ideas comin’! You are SO APPRECIATED!