Hot Process Soap Series!

I had some soapy friends in the soap kitchen this weekend and it was all about the hot process soap!  About a month ago, Moya came over to soap with me.  She brought me a couple bars of soap which included a beautiful hot processed soap!  Since I didn’t really have a hot process soap tutorial on the blog I asked her if she’d be willing to give us some tips and show us how she does it!  She agreed and we made three batches of hot process soap!  Another local soaper (and candle maker) came to help out also!  (Below is Minnie, Me and Moya.)

Stay tuned because we’re going to show you how to make three different hot processed soaps!  We’ll share with you the three recipes we used along with some tips and tricks to make hot process soaping a breeze!

About the soapers…

Moya is a soaper that lives in Dallas, TX. She is a past student of mine from my GL Candle days. The Fair is going on now in Dallas and Moya is all about the fair food! If you need any recommendations or want her to draw you out a recommended food route…she’ll do it!   You can find Moya over at her blog, m. alan.

Minnie is another Dallas soap maker and candle maker.  She was my first ever student!  She left me with a beautiful candle after our soapy session!  You can find Minnie and more of her candles on her blog, Cama Scents

So stay tuned!  Much more to come!

-Amanda

By | 2017-02-01T15:33:41+00:00 October 9th, 2011|Uncategorized|12 Comments

1. Amanda October 15, 2011 at 12:40 pm

I hot press my soaps sometimes for something different, its so cool that you all got together to soap!

2. Tyra October 13, 2011 at 1:03 pm

Those soap are fabulous! Great job ladies! This is great that you can all pair up and experience this together. Wonderful!

3. Cindy October 11, 2011 at 12:21 pm

Ditto on the “can’t wait for the tutorials”!! Have always wanted to try HP soaping, but just never got around to it. You know how it goes. . .. you get so used to doing the same thing because you are in a hurry and know you can count on it turning out the way you want that you just don’t experiment!! Well, I promise I WILL be experimenting with this after having tons of soap sprawled all over the darn house trying to “dry” so I can get stuff wrapped and ready for more shows than I thought I signed up for this year!! Something like “eyes bigger than my belly” as Mom would remind me!! LOL Anyway, wish I was closer so I could “play” too, but such is life in the fast lane.

Again, waiting anxiously. . . . .

4. Amy Warden October 10, 2011 at 7:24 pm

Sounds fun!! Any time soapmakers can get together and make soap it’s a good time! 🙂

5. Fran October 10, 2011 at 11:17 am

Yeah…. Would welcome to learn about HP soap making; this way i can use these batches right away!!!
    Can’t wait for the tutorial! Now, when do you think you’ll be posting that? LOL

Thank you!

6. Pam October 10, 2011 at 10:28 am

Lovely HP soaps you girls made! I’ll stand by. Can’t wait to see if it was in the crock or in the oven!
    Thank you Amanda always something fun going on here! Pam

7. Linda October 10, 2011 at 10:02 am

Amanda, You are the best!! I have wanted to learn more about hot process soap. I have made it once and make liquid soap. I cannot wait to see more about the hot process soaps as I have NO patience for waiting to see results. I guess that is what cold process is teaching me……you have been the absolute best with everything I have learned from you!!
    Thank you so much!!!!

8. LeJeanne October 10, 2011 at 9:57 am

I searched and searched for a HP soap tutorial and couldn’t find one; so this is going to be just what the doctor ordered. Can’t wait!

9. Patrice October 9, 2011 at 10:59 pm

Wowzers! HP soap making used to be so intimidating to me, but I love it! Cannot WAIT for the tutorials to come out, and thanks for introducing us to these up-and-coming soapers:)

10. Mariah Gianakouros October 9, 2011 at 7:39 pm

I’m looking forward to tutorials…thanks for the teaser!

11. Minnie Daniel October 9, 2011 at 4:07 pm

Amanda, I had a blast. Thanks for inviting me into this session. Thinking of making some pumpkin soap as i’m writing this. I had been working hard and not as smart. Got it now. Can’t wait for another inspiring session. I will place my fair order with Moya and get out the crock pot. Again great time.

12. moya October 9, 2011 at 3:33 pm

hey amanda i had wonderful time!! i can’t wait to make the pumpkin soap again. 🙂 these look wonderful, and so does that candle!! get ready for the next round 🙂 let me know if you need anything from the fair : ) ,

– moya